LemFi transfers are virtually instantaneous. On rare circumstances, your recipient may contact you to report that they have not received value for a transfer you performed, even if the status on the app shows it was successful.
LemFi delivers the funds to your recipient's bank or mobile money account, and it is possible that the recipient's bank or mobile money provider hasn't applied value to the account. This can occur for a variety of reasons. Here are some examples:
Common reasons why a recipient may not receive value for a successful transfer
- The transfer was processed to an inactive bank account. An inactive bank account is a bank account that has been closed or is dormant and cannot receive any funds.
- The transfer was processed to an invalid account i.e. the recipient account number is a wrong account number or does not exist.
- The recipient’s bank cannot apply value due to a restriction on the account. A restriction could be a lien on the recipient’s account or a limit on the amount the bank account can receive.
What to do when a recipient has not received a successful transfer
- Request for the session ID for transfers to Nigeria from LemFi Support
- Share the transaction receipt on the app with them.
Sometimes, a recipient may not get an SMS or email notification from the bank when a transfer has been successfully completed and the value has already been applied. It is helpful to ask the recipient to log in to their bank app to confirm if the value has been received.